Print this page
Learn more about Verizon Connect GeoBase.
Get information about the latest release
If the GeoBase version you have installed on your computer is not listed below, refer to
the GeoBase help file (CHM) installed on your computer for its release notes
(All Programs | Verizon Connect GeoBase Developer's Kit | GeoBase Help).
For older SDK installations (release 4.39 and earlier), PDF release notes can be found by
navigating to All Programs | Telogis GeoBase Developer's Kit | Release Notes.
For other SDK versions that are not listed in the PDF or on this page, please contact
Verizon Connect support.
Changes made from version 4.91 to 4.92:
Fixed an issue that caused point addresses to be included in traffic tiles at higher zoom levels.
Changes made from version 4.90 to 4.91:
Improved tolerance of erroneous words in Autocomplete Geocoder queries.
Changes made from version 4.89 to 4.90:
Added a warning for cases when multiple polygons with conflicting names are merged together in Alchemy. When merging polygons with conflicting names, the resulting polygon now uses the name of the largest input polygon.
Changes made from version 4.88 to 4.89:
Corrected an issue where reverse geocoding with point address data sometimes returned addresses from the wrong side of the road.
Changes made from version 4.87 to 4.88:
Corrected an issue that prevented point address data from being used
when reverse geocoding with speed or heading.
Corrected a bug where the display point did not always match the address
when reverse geocoding with a heading.
Fixed an issue that stopped the map from loading when it was maximized
on high resolution screens.
Changes made from version 4.86 to 4.87:
Corrected an issue in the forward geocoder that prevented it from
returning point address results when using 19Q3 data.
Changes made from version 4.85 to 4.86:
Added support for timing out and canceling DataQuery
requests. Added the new web.config option
DataQueryTimeLimit, which limits DataQuery
requests to a specified number of seconds.
Added a limit for the number of results that can be returned for
DataQuery requests that encompass a large
geographical area. When this limit is exceeded, an exception is thrown.
Corrected an issue in route highlighting that sometimes caused
CorruptedStateExceptions, which lead to
crashes on the GeoStream server.
Improved autocomplete geocoding in New Zealand for queries related
to state highways and rural delivery addresses.
Changes made from version 4.84 to 4.85:
Updated the GeoBase SDK to .NET Framework 4.0, which changes the minimum
supported version of the .NET Framework to version 4.0.
Added new method overloads for point, polygon, street, index, point of
interest, link, line, label, and bulk constraint DataQueries
that take a CancellationToken. These methods
allow queries to be canceled before they complete. Canceling a query
throws a DataQueryCanceledException exception.
Changes made from version 4.83 to 4.84:
- Added a new optional abortOnErrors parameter
to bulk geocoding, reverse geocoding, and Location Search methods. When
set to true, the bulk operation aborts with an exception if any individual
geocode fails. When set to false, the bulk operation completes all individual
geocodes and returns all results and exceptions.
Added support for structured arguments to the Autocomplete Geocoder and Location
Search. Note that any custom LocationSearchSource
subclasses must have the following changes made to build and function in
GeoBase 4.84 and later:
Change overridden methods in LocationSearchSource
and LocationSearchOperation subclasses that
take arguments of type LocationSearchArgs
so that they take arguments of type LocationSearchBaseArgs
If sources should not be used with structured arguments, override
IsApplicableToSearch in the LocationSearchSource
subclass and return false if the arguments object is not of type
If sources should support structured arguments, update them
to work correctly with both LocationSearchArgs
Fixed an issue that could prevent the Reverse Geocoder from returning in some
cases when using point address data and when the closest point was near the
maximum distance specified in the reverse geocoding arguments.
- Modified GeoStream behavior when caching satellite tiles.
The server now uses whichever expiration time is greater from its configuration file and the
Cache-Control:max-age header received from
the external tile supplier.
Changes made from version 4.82 to 4.83:
- Added support for more complex time conditions on Alchemy import constraints using DateTimeType.
For example, 9am-5pm on August 12th every year or all day on the Sunday of the 2nd week of May.
- Corrected an issue where calculating a route matrix ignored link constraints, such as height, weight, or number of trailers,
even if ObeyConstraints was set to true on the RouteMatrix object.
- Fixed a bug that caused Map Explorer to crash on start up when attempting to connect to a GeoStream server with invalid credentials.
Changes made from version 4.81 to 4.82:
- Corrected a fault when reverse geocoding point addresses if the arrival link is an unnamed link.
- Corrected a bug that prevented maps from loading when using a GeoStream with the default server configuration.
- Reduced memory usage of MapCtrl when using GeoStream Repository.
- Fixed an issue where disabling the disk tile cache on a GeoStream Repository that had already loaded some tiles failed to load new tiles.
Changes made from version 4.80 to 4.81:
This release adds support for a new point address file format, which will be available as part of future data releases starting with 19Q3.
- Improved Autocomplete Geocoder suggestions so the Location field is always populated. Previously, it was set to LatLon.Empty for some region results. It is now set to the center of the suggestion’s BoundingBox in these cases.
- Updated the Autocomplete Geocoder and the Reverse Geocoder to support new point address data files being introduced in 19Q3, which will offer the following improvements:
- Correct a bug that prevented point addresses outside the street number range on a StreetLink from being geocoded.
- Improve the Autocomplete Geocoder to support geocoding any non-integral street number (such as W163N7712, 33/2, 84-1, or 71B) as long as a point address with an exact match exists.
- Improve performance when reverse geocoding with point address data.
- Added new statistics to the GeoStream server. Base map tiles, external (WMS/WMTS/satellite) tiles, and traffic tiles now offer statistics that track the number of tiles served from the worker pool and the mean tile serve time (from the worker pool).
- Fixed a GeoStream deserialization issue that could cause a bad response because the server did not recognize unknown types.
Changes made from version 4.79 to 4.80:
Added a new maximum batchSize parameter to the BulkGeoCode, BulkReverseGeoCode, and BulkReverseGeoCodeFull methods. This integer value specifies the maximum number of locations to include in a GeoStreamRepository geocoding request (in GeoStream mode).
For example, with a bulkArgs, LatLons, or bulkReverseGeocodeArgs array containing 52 addresses or locations, setting a batchSize value of '10' will result in 6 separate requests: five including ten locations, and one including two. Previously, all bulk location and address requests were sent to the GeoStream server at the same time, which could result in timeouts.
Changes made from version 4.78 to 4.79:
Improved the Autocomplete Geocoder to find matches where the query
includes spelling mistakes in word substitutes for addresses; for
example, "rosd" instead of "road" for an address containing "rd".
Improved the ranking of Autocomplete Geocoder suggestions when a subset
of suggestions include a prefix match of a word substitute in the address.
Corrected an issue that could stop historical route highlights
accurately snapping to roads in some scenarios.
Changes made from version 4.77 to 4.78:
The GeoBase resource website for downloading the latest SDK, map data,
and other resources has changed from dev.telogis.com to
The website has been improved to make it easier to find and download
the files you need. You can use your existing credentials to sign in.
Fixed an issue with ShapeLayer.QueryShapes
when provided with an IMap parameter. The
issue could lead to an incorrect number of polygons when the map had
a non-zero heading.
Corrected a bug that could prevent requested route highlights from
Improved error messages in Alchemy that are displayed when processing
an unsupported geometry.